How to Apply & Entry Requirements
How to Apply
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- A current Result Slip from previous school (if any)
- Transcript from previous school (if any)
- Passport/voters ID/ Driver’s License
- Current school certificate
Should have at least have an
- SENIOR HGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
From school to CIMA
Are you about to leave school or college? Are you interested in a rewarding and successful career in business? CIMA can offer you an alternative qualification to university that is highly valued by employers worldwide.
- Qualify sooner – you don’t need a degree to start your CIMA studies
- The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting – a qualification in its own right
- Once you’ve completed the CIMA Cert BA, move up to the Professional Qualification
You don’t need a degree to start a successful career after school or college. By training with CIMA you can bypass university and head straight for the world of business.
With CIMA, you get to call the shots and study at your own pace in a way that suits you. You can study full-time, part-time, while working, in a classroom or through distance learning. You’ll start with our entry level qualification, the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting. This will help you build your business and financial knowledge. It’s a recognized qualification in its own right and a great introduction to the world of business, whether you’re looking to secure a top job or run your own business. Upon completion you can use the letters CIMA Cert BA after your name.
Undergraduates and graduates
From university to CIMA
Are you a university student or recent graduate looking to start your career in business or finance? Graduates in any degree discipline can boost their job market opportunities by studying with CIMA.
- Graduates in any degree discipline can study CIMA
- Exemptions available if you have completed a relevant degree
- Option to begin your CIMA studies while at university and graduate with a head start in the job market.
Studying CIMA after university and boosting your degree with a professional qualification is a strong career move. You’ll gain new, employable business skills and experience, and you’ll impress potential employers just by adding CIMA student’ to your CV.
You can even begin your CIMA studies while at university and graduate ahead of the competition. You don’t need a relevant degree to start your CIMA studies; graduates in any degree discipline can study CIMA. You’ll start with the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting. It’s a recognized qualification in its own right and can also be a stepping-stone to the CIMA Professional Qualification.
If you’ve already completed a relevant degree, like accounting or business, you may be entitled to exemptions from some CIMA exams, allowing you to progress onto the Professional Qualification sooner.
MBA and Master's in Accounting holders
From master’s to CIMA
Adding a professional qualification to your MBA or Master’s in Accounting will give you an even stronger advantage in the job market. Find out about the Master’s Gateway accelerated route into CIMA.
- Accelerated entry to the CIMA Professional Qualification for MBA or Master’s in accounting holders
- Skip 11 exams and qualify sooner
- be equipped with the up-to-date knowledge and practical experience employers are looking for.
If you hold a Master’s or MBA in Accounting, you can take the accelerated Master’s Gateway route to the CIMA Professional Qualification. You’ll just need to pass the CIMA Gateway exam, which is a three-hour computer-based case study exam, available four times a year.
Once you’ve passed the CIMA Gateway exam, you’ll be exempt from 11 exams and can progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification, the final step towards CGMA status. As a CIMA student, you’ll have exclusive access to CIMA connect, the online study support community. There you’ll find free resources such as past papers, practice exams, blogs and discussions about the Master’s Gateway route.
Master's gateway route
The Master’s gateway route is an accelerated entry route to the CIMA Professional Qualification and the globally recognized CGMA designation for individuals who hold an MBA or Master’s in Accounting.
How does it work?
Eligible individuals are required to take the CIMA Gateway Exam (also known as the Management Level Case Study exam for those who are not on the accelerated route). The CIMA Gateway Exam:
- is a three hour long computer based case study exam
- is based on pre-seen material which is released on CIMA connect six weeks before the exam (it is your responsibility to access and familiarize yourself with this material before the exam)
- is available in four windows a year (refer to the exam timetable for more information)
- Will assesses knowledge and competencies covered in the Management level of the CIMA Professional Qualification